Finding the best Bernedoodle breeder requires looking for certain signs about the breeder. You want to make sure when they are advertising Bernedoodle puppies for sale they are not in it to just make money but are also decent and responsible breeders who care about and love Bernedoodles just as much as you do.
1. The breeder conducts interviews with prospective pet parents.
Good breeders take the time to get to know you to ensure you will make perfect pet parents. If they have any concerns or issues, they will politely let you know upfront.
2. The breeder will allow you to visit their home.
Most breeders work out of their homes, so it makes sense for you to visit their kennel where they live. If they refuse to let you visit, this should raise some red flags.
3. The home and kennel are clean, safe, and secure.
You want to make sure the puppies and their parents are kept in a decent environment.
4. The breeder will let you meet and interact with the puppies’ parents.
Another sign of a reputable Bernedoodle breeder is they will introduce you to the parents and allow you to spend time with them to learn more about them.
5. They allow you to interact with the Bernedoodle puppies.
Even if you are not ready to take your new Bernedoodle puppy home, the breeder should allow you to play with the Bernedoodle puppies, pick them up, cuddle them, etc., as long as they are old enough.
6. They provide you access to records on the parents.
You need to make sure that there are no genetic concerns with the parents that could pose future health issues for your new Bernedoodle puppy.
7. The breeder will be able to fully answer questions about Bernedoodles.
Experienced Bernedoodle breeders will be able to answer all your questions and even share additional information to help you learn more about Bernedoodles.
8. The breeder is happy to share photos and references of other happy pet parents.
Reputable breeders are willing to show off their previous litters and satisfied pet parents for you to contact.
9. The breeder offers a guarantee on their Bernedoodle puppies.
You want a breeder who is willing to provide some sort of health guarantee with your new puppy. Some breeders will also supply a copy of the puppy’s genetic test.
10. The breeder will not allow you to take your new puppy home until it is old enough.
Bernedoodle puppies should be at least eight weeks old before being allowed to go home with their new pet parents.
11. The breeder will take care of the first round of shots.
A sign of a good breeder is one that sends your new puppy home with its first round of vaccinations completed.
12. The breeder will be there after you take your puppy home.
The breeder should be available to answer questions and offer advice should you have concerns.
By looking for these signs, you can find the best Bernedoodle breeder, like us, here at Oodles of Doodles. To learn more about our Bernedoodle puppies for sale and our Bernedoodle parents or to schedule a visit to our home to see our Bernedoodles, please feel to fill out our online contact form. We look forward to speaking with you and helping you find the perfect Bernedoodle puppy.